Terror returns with Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly from Koei Tecmo for the Sony PS2, the sequel to the highly popular survival horror title, Fatal Frame.
This time the terrifying journey takes you to a whole new creepy setting, an abandoned village, where you play the role of Mio Amakura, a young girl who is gifted with a strong sixth sense and her twin sister Mayu, who notices a crimson butterfly faintly glowing in the sky. Your only weapon, an antique camera, has received a variety of new features to kill ghosts. Get lost in another horrifying tale!
The twin sisters, Mio and Mayu Amakura, are visiting a childhood play spot when Mayu, who walks with a limp after a childhood accident, follows a mysterious crimson butterfly deep into the woods. Mio, concerned for her sister, follows Mayu, and the two girls are led to a lost village. The village is curiously empty, and it is revealed to have been cursed by some past event, trapping the village in perpetual night.
As the Amakura twins investigate, they discover the Camera Obscura and are set upon by the ghosts of the past villagers. Mayu is eventually led astray by the ghosts and Mio becomes determined to save Mayu and escape before they meet the same cursed fate as the village's former residents.
However, Mio learns that in order to save her sister and escape the village, she must delve deeper into a ritual that was performed in the village: the Crimson Sacrifice Ritual, where one twin must kill the other...
- Brand new setting with more wide-open exploration -- more possibilities for fear and terror.
- All-new storyline and different game mechanics as you try and capture the ghosts who stalk the forests.
- Sequel to 2002's survival-horror title offers new, larger environments to explore.
- Follow the haunting storyline of two twin sisters who stumble upon an abandoned village.
- Use an antique camera to ensnare ghosts and evil spirits.