Alternate between several Legion types and skills to save the world your way in Astral Chain from PlatinumGames for the Nintendo Switch, the only action game that gives you full control over two characters at once for thrilling Synergetic Action!
As part of a police special task force, it's up to you to fight against mysterious, alien-like creatures who have invaded the world. In the Ark, a multi-cultural city in the near future, disaster strikes when gates to another dimension suddenly appear!
Dangerous creatures begin to emerge, attacking the people and polluting the land, and normal police forces are unable to compete with them. To stand up against these threats, a brand new, special police unit known as Neuron is formed. Choose between two playable characters one male, one female on your adventure. The character you don't choose also appears as your younger twin, and a fellow member of Neuron.
In order to resist the creatures, humanity developed a special weapon: the Legion. The Legion acts as your partner, and helps with your investigations. However, it's in battle where the Legion shows its real ability...
Work together with the Legion and use all sorts of combat styles to fight your enemies. You could both attack the same enemy simultaneously, target different opponents, or send your Legion on the offensive while you support it with items. Use this synergetic action system to battle and explore together!
Making his directorial debut and known for his work as the game designer on NieR:Automata, Takahisa Taura is responsible for the concept and planning of ASTRAL CHAIN. Hideki Kamiya, creator of the Bayonetta series, is in charge of supervision. The character design is by manga artist Masakazu Katsura, creator of ZETMAN and Video Girl Ai!
- Uncover the secrets of the alternate dimension called the Astral Plane, where the mysterious invaders originate.
- Use the abilities of the Legion not only in battle but also for investigating cases and solving environmental puzzles.
- Players can control the protagonist and a special weapon called a Legion simultaneously, building stylish combos by using both characters in tandem.
- There are multiple Legions in the game, each with different combat styles and abilities. Players can even strategically change between Legions at will during real-time battles.
- This apocalyptic setting is full of intricate details and interesting characters, including citizens and suspects you can interact with in the city, others in the special police task force.