Heroes of Land, Air & Sea from Gamelyn Games is a 4X-style board game with miniatures that tells the epic tale of orcs vs. humans, dwarves vs. elves, battling kingdoms, and the individuals who turn the tides of war.
Players control one of these classic factions, competing to expand their kingdom into new territory. Even the greatest kingdoms begin as small townships, therefore players begin with only a basic town hall, a couple of peons, and a single warrior.
From there, players must explore the territory around them, build up their work force, fortify their army, and develop their kingdom - all through careful action selection, exploitation, war, and resource management.
As players reach milestones in the development of their kingdom, they gain access to many advantages. Peons become warriors, warriors become powerful heroes, and town halls eventually become castles. Players gain access to water, and even air, vessels and creatures. Boarding these vessels and creatures with your units allows for faster travel across the vast game board and for positioning armies for powerful attacks.
War in Heroes of Land, Air & Sea features a cost/reward system carefully detailed on tactics cards from which players must secretly choose. The availability of these tactics cards depends on the units participating in the war. It is here that players wage their wits and legacy in an attempt to exterminate one another. For as we all know, “history is written by the victors”.
Heroes of Land, Air & Sea also boasts two economic systems, one being the risky acquisition and careful management of the resources (food, ore and mana), while the other is a twist on worker placement that requires the leveraging of peons to construct buildings, peons that could otherwise be exploring, expanding, exploiting, and exterminating! Finding this balance is crucial to victory!
- Ages 14 and up. For 1 to 4 players. 120–180 minute playtime.
- This game is easy to learn and set up, is enjoyable with players, or even by yourself in a solo mode.
- Solo Mode features a unique gameplay style that makes it unpredictable on what the A.I. player is doing.
- Heroes of Land, Air, and Sea is designed by the Scott Almes, the inventive mind behind the Tiny Epic Games.
- This fantasy-strategy game has players take on one of four different races and commands their troops to explore the map gaining the most resources, building your towers, having all of your serfs and warriors in play, and defeating the other players!