The game that started it all! In the original Monster Hunter from Capcom for the Sony PS2, you take on huge monsters as you customize your equipment and navigate dangerous terrain.
You can create any kind of look for your hunter that you want. Select from a wide variety of options for name, gender, face, hairstyle, hair color, and voice. Model it after yourself, or let your imagination run wild. Once you have finished creating your character, you'll be transported to your very own house in the village. The village chief will have quests waiting just for you.
Hunters can either be blademasters or gunners, depending on the weapon equipped. You can take one weapon on a quest, and top notch have a stock of weapons for different kinds of quests.
Monster Hunter challenges you to complete different quests while confronting a variety of creatures. As monster hunters, you'll battle against powerful beasts either alone or with the aid of others. The game's objectives vary from defeating beasts and protecting a town to collecting items.
For every completed objective, you'll gain more weapons and equipment, which can also be upgraded in shops. Online multiplayer modes let you team up with three other players to both vanquish powerful monsters and accomplish tasks.
Hunt or be Hunted!
- Multiple online and offline gameplay options - Play with up to four friends and hunt monsters together, or meet up with online players in Village Lobbies to team up on missions.
- Explore richly detailed and diverse environments that will have you marveling at your surroundings.
- Modify your main character -- change various attributes like name, gender, hairstyle, face, and voice.
- Create and design your own equipment from monster claws, scales and other materials.
- Upgradeable artillery like swords and cannons.