Patchwork [Board Game, 2 Players]
Out of stock
Applicable taxes applied at checkout
All payment methods are charged at time of purchase
Refunds can only be issued to your original payment method
Learn more about Billing & Payments
Checkout with a credit/debit card or use an express payment option
Celebrate the timeless art of quilting with Patchwork from Mayfair Games, an abstract strategy game for 2 players!
In Patchwork, two players compete to build the most aesthetic (and high-scoring) patchwork quilt on a personal 9x9 game board. To start play, lay out all of the patches at random in a circle and place a marker directly clockwise of the 2-1 patch. Each player takes five buttons - the currency/points in the game - and someone is chosen as the start player.
On a turn, a player either purchases one of the three patches standing clockwise of the spool or passes. To purchase a patch, you pay the cost in buttons shown on the patch, move the spool to that patch's location in the circle, add the patch to your game board, then advance your time token on the time track a number of spaces equal to the time shown on the patch.
You're free to place the patch anywhere on your board that doesn't overlap other patches, but you probably want to fit things together as tightly as possible!
Choose your patches carefully and keep a healthy supply of buttons to not only finish your quilt, but to make it better and more beautiful than your opponent‘s!
- For 2 players.
- 15-30 minutes of game play.
- A classic game from renowned game designer Uwe Rosenberg.
- The use of uneven pieces of fabric can result in real masterpieces; textile artists love this game!
- Patchwork is a form of art, in which the designers use precious fabrics to create beautiful textiles.
- Players work to create a beautiful quilt, which requires effort and time, but the available patches just do not want to fit together!