Professor Layton and the Unwound Future [Nintendo DS DSi]
Out of stock
Applicable taxes applied at checkout
All payment methods are charged at time of purchase
Refunds can only be issued to your original payment method
Learn more about Billing & Payments
Checkout with a credit/debit card or use an express payment option
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future from Level 5 for the Nintendo DS and DSi places the professor and his trusted apprentice Luke at the center of a spellbinding adventure after they receive a strange letter - sent by Luke 10 years in the future.
According to this message something is askew in the days to come. The London of the future is in chaos and disarray, and according to Luke, the only person who can help set things right is Professor Layton.
Like all games in the Professor Layton series, Professor Layton and the Unwound Future is a single player puzzle adventure. Puzzles are essentially brainteasers touching on a large variety of puzzle types, including spatial orientation, logic, riddles and many more.
The game's story reveals itself as the player successfully solves a minimum number of puzzles that she/he faces using the DS stylus to move throughout the game's hand-drawn style game environments. Success at puzzle solving earns the player in-game coins. A certain number of coins can also found by simply exploring the game environment.
Players are given multiple chances to solve puzzles and when stuck can choose to spend coins in order to buy hints. The game keeps track of puzzles found, puzzles solved, the player's score and playing time, and features easy-to-use save functionality, a journal for note keeping and an area to save items found for later use.
It seems the only man who can save London and stop the evil Professor Layton of the future is Professor Layton himself!
- As with previous incarnations in the franchise, weekly downloadable puzzles will be available after launch for a limited time.
- This game features significantly more hand-drawn animated sequences and voice acting than the previous installment of the series.
- Players who are still stumped with a puzzle after three subtle hints can select the new "superhint" option to point them toward a solution.
- A large cast of eccentric non-player characters, as well as an invocative soundtrack designed to match the varied game environments and gameplay.
- More than 165 new puzzles weave seamlessly into the storyline, challenging player with fun, brain-teasing logic puzzles and riddles, and even new types of puzzles.