Ragnarok DS [Nintendo DS DSi]
Out of stock
Applicable taxes applied at checkout
All payment methods are charged at time of purchase
Refunds can only be issued to your original payment method
Learn more about Billing & Payments
Checkout with a credit/debit card or use an express payment option
Based on the popular web-based PC game Ragnorak Online, fans can now enjoy Ragnorok DS from XSEED Games for the Nintendo DS and DSi!
Incorporating the same gameworld, storyline and action of the original, Ragnarok DS contains engaging quest driven RPG action, three-player online support (local or Wi-Fi) via a Nintendo DS wireless connection and DS touch screen functionality that mimics the mouse driven controls of the original and allows for easy character customization and weapons/equipment upgrades.
Throughout the world the people of the major powers throughout the land live in peace and prosperity, unaware that a great evil lurks on the horizon. There is a clandestine group, who under the guise of scholarly research are plotting to resurrect a goddess whose time has long since passed. To achieve this goal, they need two things: a vessel of flesh and blood to house the spirit of the goddess, and the lives of every living being offered up as a sacrifice.
It is against the backdrop of this coming chaos that Ares, an orphan from a small, forgotten village, sets out to seek his fortune as an adventurer. At the start of his journey, he encounters a beautiful young girl with mysterious powers named Sierra, who has not only lost her memories about herself, but also of the world around her. Together, they embark on an adventure that will ultimately decide the fate of the entire world...
- Two Ways to Quest - Ragnarok DS players enjoy both story-driven scenario quests as well as optional and ample side quests.
- Easy Customization and Character Equipping - Customize your character with the single touch of your stylus. Equip weapons, armor, and accessories you obtained simply by tapping them with the stylus.
- Gameplay Optimized for Touch Screen - All attacks and commands are performed using the DS or DSi's Touch Screen. Slash with the stylus to attack with your sword, and circle or tap the intended target to unleash magic spells.
- Upgradable Weapons and Armor - Characters’ armor and weapons can be upgraded by a blacksmith, or by affixing effect cards dropped by defeated monsters. Blacksmith upgrades will improve an item’s overall stats, while effect cards boost specific features.
- Job Classes - Job classes are broken down into low level jobs and high level jobs with two special jobs unique to Ragnarok DS. A high level job can only be achieved by following the corresponding development path from its low level job.
- Flexible Character Development System - Characters earn both status and skill points each time they gain a level, and these points can be allocated to customize their skills across a wide range of different job classes such as Swordsman, Thief, and Merchant.
- Party-based Multiplayer - Players can take on the Mirage Tower with up to 2 other friends via local wireless connection or Wi-Fi With more than 50 floors, randomly generated maps and completion conditions, and the chance to obtain rare items, players can enjoy this feature long after the main story has been completed.