The King of Fighters 2002/2003 [PlayStation 2]
Out of stock
Applicable taxes applied at checkout
All payment methods are charged at time of purchase
Refunds can only be issued to your original payment method
Learn more about Billing & Payments
Checkout with a credit/debit card or use an express payment option
The eighth and ninth installments in the King of Fighters franchise make their ways to the Sony PS2 in The King of Fighters 2002/2003 from SNK Playmore, a double-pack collection of 2D fighting.
This collection includes all of the great fighting teams, such as the Fatal Fury team and the Women Fighters team, comprising 39 characters from the King of Fighters series. Unleash special moves, superspecial moves, and combos in a variety of levels, and unlock more levels and bonus characters as you progress.
The King of Fighters 2002
The King of Fighters 2002 is the first time SNK has brought together all those favourite and famous characters which make The King of Fighters franchise the ultimate in 2D fighting. All of the great fighting teams are here, including the Fatal Fury Team featuring Terry and Andy Bogard, the beautiful Mai from the Woman Fighters Team, and many more.
The game brings back the team play composed by three characters each that was a tradition in previous games. The game has also several important changes in the gameplay, like the "Free Cancel System" or "Max Mode System", the "Quick Emergency Evasion" and "Quick MAX Mode Activation", aside from the countless changes in each character's special moves and their properties!
The King of Fighters 2002 was released in 2002 and is still highly praised around the world to this day thanks to its return to the Series’ ”3-on-3 battle” flagship system, the numerous fan favorite characters returning in this 2002 year iteration, and its game balance.
Thanks to the introduction of the “Quick Evasion” and “Max Activation” game mechanics, battles get even more exciting and intense.
The King of Fighters 2003
The King of Fighters 2003 revolves around The King of Fighters, an elite fighting competition. In this competition, Rugal is defeated and the Orochi are sealed away. The tournament at the centre of the game is sponsored by an unknown patron, whose identity becomes a matter of public interest in the country. Perhaps as a result of this, it attracts a large number of contestants.
With the inception of the new "multi-shift" rule in this KOF tournament, wherein competitors can freely tag off during battles, the competition becomes a 'hot topic' and provokes widespread discussion. It also leads to a speedy execution of the match with unified team strategies.
In preparation for the tournaments, stadiums with the capacity to hold tens of thousands of people are procured from cities across the world and established in city centres. Schedules are completed and spectators move from one location to another to watch the preliminary matches.
To create the atmosphere of a true street fight, competitions are broadcast live on giant screens!
- The King of Fighters 2002 is the 8th installment in the franchise!
- Upgraded Max-On Power System.
- Revives the extremely popular 3 on 3 battle format.
- Over-the-top Super Special Moves to cause extreme damage.
- Thirteen extreme 2D fighting teams with 5 bonus characters.
- A total of 44 characters from KOF 96 through KOF 2001 available for the first time in one arena.
- The King of Fighters 2003 is the 9th installment in the franchise!
- Introducing 10 beautifully rendered 3D battle stages.
- Select your team leader with the new "Tactical Leader System".
- Learn the combo moves for your favorite fighters and unleash massive attacks.
- Features the new "Multi-Shift" system, allowing the free substitution of teammates during battles.
- A total of 35 characters yielding 11 of the most dangerous 2D fighting teams ever assembled plus hidden boss characters.