They Bleed Pixels [Nintendo Switch]
Applicable taxes applied at checkout
All payment methods are charged at time of purchase
Refunds can only be issued to your original payment method
Learn more about Billing & Payments
Checkout with a credit/debit card or use an express payment option
Please note that release dates are sometimes subject to change. This is beyond our control. Rest assured, your pre-order will ship on or before the official product release date - guaranteed.
Please note that release dates are sometimes subject to change. This is beyond our control. Rest assured, your item will ship on or before the official product release date - guaranteed.
Featuring a distinct visual style that blends pixel art with paper and ink textures, They Bleed Pixels from Premium Edition Games for the Nintendo Switch is a singular mix of intense platforming and fierce beat 'em up action. It tells the story of a young girl haunted by a mysterious book and her violent Lovecraftian nightmares.
Release Date: April 30th, 2023.
All Physical Releases by Premium Edition include: Nintendo Switch Physical Case and Game, Double-sided Insert, Full Color Manual, a Numbered Challenge Card where you can earn a limited Challenge Patch! Full Color Glossy Slipcase and Sleeve that is super high quality!
They Bleed Pixels uses a simple one-button combat scheme with surprising depth at its core. Button mashing is discouraged while kicking shadowy monsters into saws, pits and spikes is rewarded thanks to a unique checkpoint earning system. Instead of being evenly distributed at set locations, players must earn and place checkpoints through stylish kills. The more stylishly you kill, the faster you fill your checkpoint meter. Avoid combat or button mash mindlessly and you’ll find checkpoints uncomfortably far apart.
When a young girl arrives at the Lafcadio Academy for Troubled Young Ladies, she's unprepared for the violent nightmares that plague her dreams and transport her to other worlds. Worse yet, her dreams are intruding into her waking life, slowly altering her flesh into the demonic form of her night terrors. Can she destroy the mysterious blood-soaked book that appears to be the root of her troubles or will her transmutation from girl to clawed horror become complete?
There's lots to do after you've completed story mode including individual level letter rankings and 150 skill based blood badges!
- Extra tight controls: One-button attack system favors skilled combat over complicated combos and button-mashing. Super precise platforming controls let you stop and start on a dime while pulling off gravity-defying dashes and double jumps.
- Eleven massive levels to fight through and explore, each with unique visuals and music. Unlock additional bonus levels and guest levels from indie game developers based on their own creations: They Bleed Ponycorns, They Bleed Stardust, exp.
- Unique checkpoint system rewards fancy kills with a save spot you can carry with you. Hold on to it for extra points or drop it right away to preserve your progress.
- Becoming a monster stabbing master with individual level rankings as well as 150 skill-based achievements. There's lots to aim for after you've completed the game.
- Standard and Novice difficulty to match your skill level.
- Record, playback and share your best playthroughs with online leaderboards for speed and high score!
- Lush pixel art motion comics tell the story a young girl haunted by eldritch nightmares.
- Original electronic soundtrack by DJ Finish Him (aka Shaun Hatton) composed with synthesizers, unconventional instruments and gadgets often not meant for musical use.
When you pre-order from Shopville your copy is guaranteed, meaning you get it shipped on or before the day it releases.
Backed by our No-Hassle Return Policy, you can shop with confidence.
Due to high demand, quantities are limited so act fast and reserve yours. We don't want you to miss out!