We Happy Few - Deluxe Edition from Gearbox Publishing and Compulsion Games for the Microsoft Xbox One is the tale of a plucky bunch of moderately terrible people trying to escape from a lifetime of cheerful denial in the city of Wellington Wells.
The Deluxe Edition includes We Happy Few and the We Happy Few Season Pass. The Season Pass contains three pieces of future content for We Happy Few. Each add-on will be a new adventure that follows the antics of one of Wellington Wells’ most notorious residents. Buy the Season Pass and get all three add-ons at a discounted rate!
Set in a drug-fuelled, retrofuturistic city in an alternative 1960s England, youll have to blend in with its other inhabitants, who dont take kindly to people who dont abide by their not-so-normal rules.
1960s Dystopian England
Set in a retrofuturistic 1960s, you will find a city ravaged by war and rebuilt by delusionally happy people. Everything appears to be happy in Wellington Wells, including the roads, the people, and its omnipresent television personality, Uncle Jack! However, its a beautiful world on the brink of collapse. You will discover the history of this world, and how it came to be just so beguilingly happy.
Suspicion and Joy
We Happy Few is about surviving in and escaping from a procedurally generated world, where you must learn to hide in plain sight. If you act out of turn, or youre not on Joy (the local happy pills), the locals will become suspicious and will rapidly turn your frown upside down! Forcefully. You will need to practice conformity, stealth and combat if you want to survive long enough to escape.
A Mature Story
We Happy Fews characters are not typical video game heroes. They are flawed and not particularly heroic, warped by the trauma their world has been through. Each character has their own storyline that reacts to the events of the world around them, and their place within it. Our stories are definitely not appropriate for children, but are laced with dark humour, hope, and even a spot of redemption.
Discover the retrofuturistic city’s dark history as you play through the intertwined narratives of three quietly rebellious citizens of Wellington Wells. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses as they face their pasts, prepare for the future, and engage in activities that aren’t exactly status quo in the artificially enthused society!
- A range of difficulties for new and experienced players alike.
- Permadeath, if you want to satisfy all your masochistic needs.
- Three modes: sandbox, story and Wellie mode.
- A unique soundtrack.
- A fully voiced, cinematic, first person story.
- Fill your basic needs (hunger, thirst, and sleep) to survive.
- Learn how to interact with the other members of your society, and choose stealth, conformity or combat.
- Encounter dozens of in-game unique events.
- Conform to the specific local habits by learning to behave accordingly, and taking your Joy.
- Collect recipes, scavenge items and craft dozens of weapons, tools and devices.
- Fight with your bare hands or the crazy weapons you create.
- Watch out for traps, or learn how to use them to your advantage.