Ministry of Broadcast: SteelBook Edition [Nintendo Switch]
Applicable taxes applied at checkout
All payment methods are charged at time of purchase
Refunds can only be issued to your original payment method
Learn more about Billing & Payments
Checkout with a credit/debit card or use an express payment option
Ministry of Broadcast from PM Studios and acttil for the Nintendo Switch is a narrative-driven single player cinematic platformer mixing Orwell’s 1984 with modern reality TV. Rife with dark humor, sarcastic quips, and the absurdity of the system.
Seemingly built overnight, The Wall has divided both a country in two and a man from his family. To see them again, our ginger-haired protagonist has decided to become a contestant on “The Wall Show”, a Regime-organized TV show allowing competitors the opportunity to escape to freedom on the other side. However, as he progresses through the camp, our contestant soon realizes exactly how the Regime and the show operate. The promise of freedom is not exactly what it seems.
Ministry of Broadcast embodies the spirit of classic cinematic platformers, where players need finely tuned run-and-jump reflexes as well as a healthy aversion to falling from deadly heights. To earn your freedom and reunite with your family, you must guide our hero through a series of Arenas, which are under the ever-present gaze of the Regime’s electric eye.
Each hazardous, decaying environment houses an array of obstacles that you must navigate - leg-shattering drops (hope you’re not scared of heights), flaming trash barrels (with extra fire and extra stench), inconveniently located spike pits (naturally), dangling steel beams (watch for the rusty bits) - but that’s nothing compared to the fates of the poor souls you’ll meet along the way...
- Languages - Enjoy in-game text in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinesse, Japanese.
- Story and Personality - Featuring lots of impish humor, Grade A sarcasm, and comic mischief, all balanced perfectly with the dark, heavy themes presented in this dystopian world.
- Cinematic Platformer - Run, jump, crash, and climb your way through each Arena as the narrative unfolds around you. Much of the story is unveiled via smoothly integrated animation sequences, within the environment, or from NPCs muttering bits of dialogue as you dive and dodge around them.
- Environmental HUD - Rather than having a screen cluttered with overlaid indicators, HP bars, and minimaps, any information the player will need is incorporated into the environment. Hints and clues are meshed into the game’s art, subtle and specific, players will need a keen eye if they want to survive each Arena without breaking their legs.
- Puzzle-solving - Use your wits, and at times a dash of ruthlessness, to advance through the Arenas. You’ll have to interact with the environment itself to solve most of the puzzles: use the protagonist’s momentum to move platforms, flip the occasional lever, and sometimes you might have to sacrifice an NPC or two to cross a particularly spiky pit.