Asura's Wrath from Capcom for the Sony PS3 is an action game in which players take on the role of the demigod Asura, and take on his quest for justice and revenge against the divine powers that cast him from heaven.
Long ago in the realm of Shinkoku, eight deities known as "The Eight Guardian Generals" battled to protect civilization from a destructive force known only as Gohma. Asura was one of the most prominent of this group. During the victory celebration, the Emperor of Shinkoku was assassinated in a sinister plot and the blame was placed on Asura.
In the middle of the commotion, Asura's wife was also murdered and his daughter kidnapped. With even his brother-in-law and rival Yasha turning against him, Asura was banished from Shinkoku. Awoken by a voice after 12,000 years, Asura vows revenge on all those who have betrayed him.
The game utilizes a "Beat-em Up" gameplay mechanic and an episodic narrative storyline rooted in Asian mythology and sci-fi traditions. Additional features include: a range of unique enemies, planetary sized bosses, a second playable character and a devastating attack system.
With unprecedented levels of dynamism, drama and interaction, Asura's Wrath will deliver a fresh take on the action gaming genre. Once a revered deity, Asura was betrayed by his fellow gods and stripped of all his powers. Consumed by anger at the injustice he has suffered and swearing vengeance, Asura discovers he can use this fury to his advantage and turn it against his enemies.
Cue relentless action as Asura finds himself facing off against numerous unique enemies, including planetary sized bosses, unleashing devastating and visceral attacks. Asura's Wrath loses the traditional distinction between gameplay and cutscenes through seamless player controlled narrative. Simply put, even in cinematic sequences the player can control Asura, directly affecting the gameplay, making Asura's Wrath a truly unique experience.
Unleash the wrath of the demigod Asura on a divine conspiracy of traitors!
- Beat-em Up gameplay that places gamers in tight situations and that forces you to fight to survive.
- A range of unique enemies and planetary sized bosses will continually challenge players' expectations.
- Relentless action - Asura's Wrath keeps placing gamers in tight situations and says 'now get out of that'.
- What the ? - Unique enemies and planetary sized bosses will continually challenge players' expectations.
- Innovative setting and story that fuses Asian mythology with sci-fi, to create a universe that is truly unique.
- Innovative setting and story - Fusing Asian mythology with sci-fi, Asura's Wrath's universe will be truly unique.
- Asura's Wrath seamlessly blends action with narrative, adopting an episodic nature more akin to a TV drama series.
- Play as Asura's rival Yasha and adopt a different playing style, traveling at lightning fast speed across environments.
- New type of action game - Asura's Wrath will seamlessly blend action and narrative and will adopt an episodic nature, more akin to a TV drama series.
- Collaboration with CyberConnect2 - Continues Capcom's strategy of partnering with the best developers to produce titles to complement its own internal projects.