Death end re;Quest from Idea Factory for the Nintendo Switch is a game that takes the classic turn-based RPG and turns it on its head.
World’s Odyssey blended, fantasy-based RPGs of the past with the splendor of modern technology. It put its developer, Enigma, on the cusp of industry notoriety.
Just when the game’s hype was reaching critical mass, its director, Shina Ninomiya, went missing, ceasing development on what seemed to be the most promising game of the decade.
A year after the halt on development, the game suddenly resurfaced - albeit, as a grotesque version of its former self. Inside the game, corruption took many forms. Sometimes, as bug-shaped monsters lurking for prey.
Other times, as an NPC, flirting too closely to the human touch. Everything was being turned upside down...
Players are able to change the game's genre and switch game modes from RPG into fighting, shooter, and even a slot mode. You'll also be able to jump at will between the in-game world and the real world to investigate your missing friend, unlocking one of the multiple endings.
Choose wisely, as lines between fantasy and reality will begin to blur!
- Death end re;Quest on physical cart for the Nintendo Switch. Region free. This release features reversible cover artwork.
- While exploring, players will need to activate character-specific dungeons skills to access hard-to-reach areas and hidden treasures.
- In this hyper-realistic game world, players must help Shina escape a game universe filled with infected bosses and mesmerizing environments.
- Jump between reality & in-game modes, as players will need to investigate in the real world to solve the mysterious inner-workings of the World Odyssey. Your decision can change the game's ending.
- In this turn-based command battle system, you can roam freely & duke it out with fearsome monsters. During battle, players can change the game's genre from a first-person shooter to a fighter game.