Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening - Special Edition from Capcom for the Sony PS2 revamps the classic Devil May Cry 3, giving you more action and adventure in one great package!
In this prequel to the original Devil May Cry, you'll play as Dante - an acrobatic, energetic half-demon with a powerful fighting style all his own. This Special Edition lets players become Dante's evil half-brother Vergil, and use his new Dark Fighter style. Also features a new boss character, turbo option, new continue system, adjusted difficulty levels (with a new "very hard" mode), and Survival and Movie modes.
Set before the original Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition follows Dante's journey as he battles his evil twin brother in a final confrontation. Along the way, you'll encounter both formidable foes and unusual characters. When attacking, you can choose to use short-range, long-range, defensive, or evasive play styles.
Each system has its own set of gameplay features, and you can choose to power up your favorite style for increased special attack abilities. The Special Edition adds the ability to play as Dante's nemesis Virgil and a survival game mode.
Do you have what it takes help Dante defeat his evil twin brother?!
- Pick from 4 styles of combat, Gunslinger, Swordmaster, Trickster and Royal Guard, all offering greatly improved skills in each area.
- Play the role of Dante, 20 years before Devil May Cry was set, let the all new story unfold in this prequel to the original masterpiece.
- All new enemies, bosses and characters, that act independently and more realistic than ever.
- New range of weapons - Battle your way through enemies in style with the enchanted Electric Guitar, also Nun-Chucks, and (of course) swords and firearms.
- New game engine, featuring all new Shadow Effects, weather conditions, graphics and sharper gameplay.