Fatal Frame III: The Tormented [PlayStation 2]
Applicable taxes applied at checkout
All payment methods are charged at time of purchase
Refunds can only be issued to your original payment method
Learn more about Billing & Payments
Checkout with a credit/debit card or use an express payment option
Taking the popular Japanese Horror theme to a whole new terrifying level, Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented from Koei Tecmo for the Sony PS2 is a complete Japanese Horror interactive experience as the player takes on the role of Rei, a cursed young woman whose overwhelming guilt and tormented dreams lead her into a formidable world where the lines between reality and nightmares are blurred and the only way out is to solve the mystery of the tattoo.
The Fear That Spreads... What you will see in Rei's dreams is only the beginning of the nightmare as you enter into an altered state of reality where you will encounter the most hideously tortured souls and uncover the most about truth, life, and... death.
Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented focuses on Rei Kurosawa, a photographer who has recently lost her fiancé, Yuu Asou, in a tragic accident. Rei sees Yuu while taking photos of an old manor, however, and decides to follow him. In doing so, she falls under the curse of manor, where survivors of a disaster are tormented in their sleep by the ghosts of the dead.
After following Yuu into the strange manor, Rei begins to "visit" the Manor of Sleep in her dreams at night in hopes of seeing him again. While exploring the manor's entrance, however, she is chased by a ghost wandering its halls. The ghost was covered in tattoos, and after being touched by her just once, Rei wakes from her nightmare and the same tattoo begins to appear on her body, causing her pain.
When asleep, Rei returns to the manor every night, looking for the truth behind the Tattooed Curse, and eventually she finds out that only those who are sole survivors of a disaster are brought to the snowy manor.
Miku Hinasaki, who lives with Rei and works as her assistant, was the only survivor of the Himuro Mansion in Fatal Frame, and she is brought into the nightmare as well. With her help, Rei is able to uncover the dark rituals that occurred inside the manor, and eventually doomed its inhabitants.
The two must work fast to undo the darkness that grips the dream mansion before the curse of the tattoo consumes them, and they are forever trapped inside the nightmare...
- Multi-playable characters: using strategy and skill, the player must choose between three different characters with unique special abilities in order to complete each terrifying mission.
- Two haunting worlds: The game takes place in two haunting worlds--the nightmare and the real life. As the player moves deeper into the game, the line between the two worlds becomes blurred, creating fear and uneasiness in the player.
- In-depth storyline: the story of Rei's torment will consume the player as they move deeper and deeper into the mind-bending world of Fatal Frame III: The Tormented.
- Camera obscura: The player will use the camera obscura not only as a weapon but as a guide by taking pictures of the ghostly inhabitants and creepy objects within the "House of Sleep" in order to solve the mystery of the tattoo and rid of the curse.
- Evolved ghosts: Most terrifying ghosts to date as hideous facial expressions and creepy eye movements have been refined. Ghosts will stare at the player while morphing into a scarier ghost, increasing fear in the player as they confront the apparition. New characters: a new female heroine, Rei Kurosawa, and a young journalist, Kei Amakura, bring new special abilities and their own stories to Fatal Frame III: The Tormented.
- Returning characters: Miku from the original Fatal Frame is back and playable in Fatal Frame III: The Tormented, using her strong spiritual powers to help Rei solve the mystery of the "House of Sleep", as her haunting personal story from Fatal Frame continues...
- Disturbing sounds and visuals: eerie sounds, unexpected movements, and psychologically disturbing visuals all add up to the most terrifying Japanese Horror interactive experience to date.