Final Fantasy XII from Square Enix for the Sony PS2 takes place in the fictional land of Ivalice, where the empires of Archadia and Rozarria are waging an endless war. Dalmasca, a small kingdom, is caught between the warring nations.
When Dalmasca is annexed by Archadia, its princess, Ashe, creates a resistance movement. During the struggle, she meets Vaan, a young adventurer who dreams of commanding an airship.
As war looms on the horizon, the mighty Archadian Empire begins a campaign to subjugate its neighbors. The small kingdom of Dalmasca was one such neighbor, and it is here that our tale begins.
In a fight for freedom, fallen royalty and unlikely allies must struggle to liberate their homeland. Trace the mysteries behind the Empire's invasion and unmask the players in a drama of justice and betrayal.
They are quickly joined by a band of allies; together, they rally against the tyranny of the Archadian Empire!
- Shocking plot twists take players on an unforgettable journey.
- Completely new voiced cut-scenes added for the North American release.
- Highly customizable Gambit system allows complete control over character AI during battles.
- License board gives the player the ability to customize each character's skills and abilities.
- Active Dimension Battle (ADB) system, enables players to move seamlessly between exploration and combat.
- Gorgeous CG cinematics and cut-scenes in Dolby Pro Logic II combined with real-time graphics rivaling those of next-gen titles.