Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion from Cephalofair Games is a fully stand alone and cooperative campaign game of tactical combat set in the same unique fantasy world as its predecessor.
You are a member of "Jaws of the Lion", one of the most infamous mercenary groups in this run-down backwater city of Gloomhaven. When a sinister cabal starts disappearing the less fortunate of the city, it somehow falls to you to get to the bottom of it....so long as you get paid for your trouble.
Players will assume the roles of 4 new hardened mercenaries and work together to fight through a new prequel campaign full of choices, challenges, and twists. New built in tutorials, Learn-to-Play Guide, and play-surface scenario books allow players to jump into the action more quickly and easily than ever before.
The four new characters - Valrath Red Guard (tank, crowd control), Inox Hatchet (ranged damage), Human Voidwarden (support, mind-control), and Quatryl Demolitionist (melee damage, obstacle manipulation) - can also be used in the original Gloomhaven game.
Gloomhaven: Jaws of the Lion is aimed at a more casual audience to get people into the gameplay more quickly. All of the hard-to-organize cardboard map tiles have been removed, and instead players will play on the scenario book itself, which features new artwork unique to each scenario.
The last barrier to entry - i.e., learning the game - has also been lowered through a simplified rule set and a five-scenario tutorial that will ease new players into the experience!
- For 1-4 players.
- 30-120 minute playtime.
- New campaign with 25 scenarios.
- Playable as a stand-alone game or as an expansion to Gloomhaven
- Cooperative campaign game of tactical combat set in the Gloomhaven universe.
- 16 monster types (including seven new standard monsters and three new bosses).
- New built in tutorials, learn-to-play guide, and play-surface scenario books allow players to jump into the action more quickly and easily than ever before.
- players will assume the roles of 4 new hardened mercenaries and work together to fight through a new prequel campaign full of choices, challenges, and twists.