Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots from Konami for the Sony PS3 features an aging and exhausted Solid Snake in the middle of a futuristic battlefield.
In spite of his failing body, Snake is equipped with a crucial new device tentatively known as "OctoCamo," a high-tech suit that dynamically transforms its texture based on Snake's surroundings.
This revolutionary new gameplay mechanic allows him to seamlessly blend into the environment, providing him with the means to stalk his enemies like never before.
Set in a battle-scarred future, Snake has been drafted in for one final mission that will take him through stages across the World, including the Middle East and South America, to assassinate his old adversary Liquid Ocelot.
This latest chapter in Hideo Kojima's legendary tactical espionage action series marks the return of several characters from previous Metal Gear Solid games including Revolver Ocelot, Meryl Silverburgh, Naomi Hunter and Raiden, and features an unforgettable story that depicts the desperate state of the future as seen through the eyes of an older Solid Snake!
- Unlock custom weapons and modifications as you trade weapons with your black market weapons dealer, Drebin.
- Command Snake in his final mission which spans the entire globe as he attempts to foil Liquid Ocelot and his massive army of PMCs.
- Providing Snake with his most advanced stealth suit to date, OctoCamo, allows Snake to blend in with his environment as it digitally manifests nearby textures in real time.
- Influence the tides of war through both passive and active means. Snake can directly aid local militia who engage invading PMCs soldiers, or encourage more fighting to slip past undetected amidst the commotion.
- Otacon is back to support Snake by providing new high tech gadgets, including Metal Gear Mk. II, the ultimate reconnaissance tool, and Solid Eye, which gives Snake real-time information on enemies and his surroundings.