My City from KOSMOS is a unique, family-oriented legacy gaming experience that is played in relatively short episodes. The game consists of 24 different episodes beginning with the development of a city in its early preindustrial stages and progressing through industrialization.
During each game, players customize their experience by adding elements to their own boards. Players’ choices and actions made during one session of gameplay carry over into the next session, creating a personalized gaming experience.
For players who do not want to experience My City as a legacy game, a double-sided game board offers an alternate setup for repeatable play.
After a long journey, you have finally arrived in a new land. You immediately start building and developing your city. Gold! Rich veins of gold have been discovered! And with the gold rush comes fierce competition. Before you know it, the time of industrialization is upon you.
The first factories emerge which leads to an enormous demand for resources. Mining becomes a lucrative source of income as tunnels are bored into the mountains. At long last, the railroad reaches your city, leading you to prosperity as you continue to develop valuable transportation and trading lines.
Over the course of 24 fascinating episodes, you will experience the rise and the history of your city from the very beginning all the way to industrialization!
- No two games are alike!
- Shape your city from settlement to industrialization
- Additional components are added to the game as players play My City
- The game gets progressively harder as you play through the episodes
- The game is comprised of 24 different episodes, each episode or play-through lasts approximately 30 minutes or less.
- Illustrated by world-famous award-winning illustrator Michael Menzel, illustrator of Legends of Andor, as well as over 40 other games.
- Developed by world-renowned game designer Reiner Knizia, winner of a Spiel des Jahres for Keltis (in the US published as Lost Cities board game).
- Enjoy the full legacy experience and play through the 24 different episodes or flip the game board over and the game is set up for repeatable play with all the components (beginning at episode 12)