Red Faction: Guerrilla - Re-Mars-tered [Nintendo Switch]
Out of stock
Applicable taxes applied at checkout
All payment methods are charged at time of purchase
Refunds can only be issued to your original payment method
Learn more about Billing & Payments
Checkout with a credit/debit card or use an express payment option
Set 50 years after the climactic events of the original Red Faction, Red Faction: Guerrilla - Re-Mars-tered from THQ Nordic for the Nintendo Switch allows players to take the role of an insurgent fighter with the newly re-established Red Faction movement as they battle for liberation from the oppressive Earth Defense Force.
The Re-Mars-tered features fully reworked graphics - heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps, improved shadow rendering, improved lighting, shader & post-processing rework and native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever!
Set fifty years after the original Red Faction (and completely skipping Red Faction II), the game revolves around the newly reestablished Red Faction movement, the resistance force of Mars who attempt to liberate it from the oppressive Earth Defense Force (commonly known as the EDF, former allies of the Red Faction movement).
The player controls Alec Mason, an honest miner who witnesses his brother's death at the hands of the EDF and unwillingly becomes an EDF bounty, which prompts him to join the Red Faction movement. With the help of the mechanic Samanya and the rest of the Red Faction movement, Alec must overthrow the EDF's reign on Mars and prevent retaliatory destruction of the entire world.
Red Faction: Guerrilla still defines the limits of destruction-based game-play with a huge open-world, fast-paced guerrilla-style combat, and true physics-based destruction!
- Multiplayer Combat - There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes.
- Strategic Destruction - Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare - You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets.
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay - Carve your path through an ever-changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics - mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF.
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting - Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces.
- Re-Mars-tered Features - Fully reworked graphics - heavily reworked textures and graphic features adding for example specular maps, improved shadow rendering, improved lighting, shader & post-processing rework and native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever!