Explore the origins of the best-selling survival horror series! Experience the remastered versions of the original Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 with Resident Evil: Origins Collection from Capcom for the Nintendo Switch.
Two games. Two nightmares. Be prepared to go back to the origins of gaming's best-selling survival horror series in Resident Evil Origins Collection. These remastered versions take the fear-inducing atmosphere from the original releases and transforms them with stunning new HD visuals, improved sound, widescreen support and an optional modernized control system and more. There is no better way to experience the beginning of the storied franchise.
In the original Resident Evil, you will choose to take on the role of either S.T.A.R.S. (Special Tactics and Rescue Service) team member Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine, who have been sent into the city to find the missing Bravo team. When the team is suddenly attacked by a ferocious group of mutated dogs they take shelter in the Mansion, but will they ever get out alive again?
You will need to be brave as you adventure through the dark, enclosed spaces, searching out the horrors that await them. With limited ammo and survival items available, you will need to keep your wits about you to survive the various traps and puzzles that greet you at every stage.
Resident Evil 0
In Resident Evil 0, you go back one day further. Reports have been mounting about unusual murders on the outskirts of Raccoon City. The city's Special Forces division, S.T.A.R.S., sends their Bravo Team - including rookie cop member Rebecca Chambers - to investigate. On route, the teams helicopter suffers engine trouble and is forced to make a crash landing, where they find an overturned prisoner transport vehicle.
Splitting up to search the area, Rebecca discovers the Ecliptic Express, a train stopped dead on the tracks. Inside, she meets death row convict and ex-Navy lieutenant Billy Coen.
Throughout the game, you will take control of both Rebecca and Billy, at times switching between both characters in order to proceed. Learning the advantages of each character is the key to solving puzzles and surviving the nightmares that lie ahead!
- Includes game cartridge for Resident Evil 0 and a download code for Resident Evil.
- Includes 2 classic and beloved Resident Evil games - Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0.
- Experience the horror in the classic 4:3 ratio or newly added 16:9 widescreen mode.
- Play Resident Evil Origins Collection on the go using the Nintendo Switch system’s handheld or tabletop mode.
- Play with the classic control scheme, or enjoy a new alternative scheme where the character moves in the direction of the analogue stick.
- 5.1 surround support provides a more experiential gaming atmosphere that best matches players listening environments.
- After completing Resident Evil 0's main storyline, you will be able to take control of series antagonist Albert Wesker, and use his superhuman abilities to power through the missions.
- New high-resolution textures have been created from scratch, including 1080p support on next-gen consoles, while still preserving the classic appearance of the original release.
- Features fan-favorite Resident Evil character mainstays Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine, while Resident Evil 0 showcases rookie S.T.A.R.S. member Rebecca Chambers and wanted criminal Billy Coen.