Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner - Soul Hackers from Atlus Games for the Nintendo 3DS delivers a first-person, dungeon-crawling RPG experience set in a future where technology and otherworldly forces meet in a macabre fusion of cyberpunk futurism and gothic horror.
Imagine a society where technology and demonology combine to create something previously unthinkable, something impossible: utopia. Humanity boasts of its accomplishment, expanding ever further, dismissing all warnings.
The Japanese government puts its most prized city at the centre of an ambitious network development project that allows its citizens to experience a fully virtual world, but an infernal secret is about to throw the world into darkness.
As a member of an elite hacking group, fight to unearth the vile conspiracy beneath the city’s glossy veneer. Talk to your allies – and your enemies – to unravel a compelling story filled with complex characters, challenging dungeons, and difficult choices that must be made.
The demons you encounter aren’t just enemies to be destroyed – through negotiation you can recruit them to your cause, then unleash their power in deeply strategic turn-based battles. But be warned: demons have their own will, so you’ll need to win their loyalty to turn them into truly unstoppable allies.
Originally released for Japanese consoles in 1997, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers on Nintendo 3DS uses the system’s unique features to greatly enhance the experience. Raise and evolve a special demon by exchanging data with other users via StreetPass, and trade Play Coins for rare and powerful demons.
Extensive voice acting (English only), 3D dungeon exploration and a host of technical enhancements combine with a rich character-driven story to create a unique RPG exclusive to Nintendo 3DS!
- Use Play Coins and StreetPass to expand your demon army even further.
- Cyberpunk meets gothic horror in a role-playing game filled with surprises.
- Negotiate with demons to recruit them, and use fusion to create all-new fighters.
- The missing entry in the classic Shin Megami Tensei RPG series finally arrives in North America.
- The portable COMP units allow players to tap into the tech-heavy world and can be upgraded to offer new features and abilities.
- In tandem with tech, demons can be recruited (through negotiation), leveled and even fused, giving the player new summoning potential in battle.
- Improved graphics marry with extensive voice acting, a host of technical enhancements, and 3D dungeon exploration to make Soul Hackers a natural fit to the Nintendo 3DS.