Star Ocean: The Last Hope International from Square Enix for the Sony PS3 serves as a prequel to the series and reveals the beginnings of the Star Ocean universe, making it ideal for both existing fans and new players.
The year is A.D. 2087. In the aftermath of World War III, Earth has been ravaged and the population decimated by a deteriorating environment. The countries that survived have joined together to form the Greater Unified Nations and turned their eyes skyward... to space.
Edge Maverick and his childhood friend Reimi Saionji are chosen as pioneer members of the Space Reconnaissance Force, which was created to seek out new worlds beyond the stars. Their ship, the Calnus, takes its place on the lunar launch pad along with four other starships of the first reconnaissance fleet.
These ships - humanity's last hope - blast off one-by-one and sail into the awaiting wormhole that leads to the vast star ocean. And so, Edge and his crew begin their voyage in search of a new haven for humanity... and a second chance.
Combining the best features of classic RPG gaming — including a compelling story and unique characters — with a real-time action battle system and incredible graphics, Star Ocean: The Last Hope International will become a favorite of RPG fans!
- Combines sci-fi and fantasy elements, spanning multiple planets and the vastness of space itself to recount the origins of the STAR OCEAN universe.
- Item creation and Private Actions, two hallmarks of the STAR OCEAN franchise, also make their return, allowing for players to enjoy upgraded versions of both systems.
- Exhilarating combat expands upon the franchise's dynamic real-time battle system, now featuring amazing graphics through Blu-ray Disc.
- Up to four characters can take part in battles simultaneously and party members can be switched mid-battle.
- New Blindside battle system fuses evasion and offense, enabling players to confuse and ambush enemies by quickly moving out of their line of sight when targeted.